Thanks for visiting I hope you bookmark and come back often, or else I'm just typing to myself!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

David Edwards First Book

David Edwards, an avid collector of modern signed children's books and a dedicated and determined writer will have his first book published in October. David's wish was to have at least four copies of every title he collected (one for each of his children) which allowed many a children's bookseller to see black ink instead of red at the end of a month.

The Pen That Pa Built written by David and illustrated by Ashley Wolf will be published in October and is available at Amazon.com for pre-order.



Book Description

In this warm display of old-fashioned know-how and family spirit, a blanket is made from scratch--from the shearing to the carding, spinning, dying, and weaving. And it all starts in the pen that Pa built. Told through Ashley Wolff's vibrant artwork, this illustrated history of 1830s North America celebrates the lost art of creating a cherished, homemade object.

1 comment:

Ashley Wolff said...

Hi,
Ashley Wolff, illustrator of The Pen That Pa Built here. I love this book and recently wrote my own comment about it on my blog http://jashleywolff.blogspot.com/
I hope the book is a success--a lot of love went into it from all concerned.